Who we are - Our vision, values and beliefs
Jesus gave very clear instructions to his followers when he left them, and this is at the heart of our vision - 'go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you'. Matthew 28: 19-20.
- Followers of Jesus called to be Good News to Grange Park and beyond.
- Disciples who make disciples.
- A Multi-streamed church.
Good News is words and actions - we want everyone in Grange Park (and even beyond), even if they don't go to church, to be glad our church is here!
Underlying all we are & do:
- To worship God in all we do
- To be Good News to Grange Park and beyond
- That all, from oldest to youngest, are growing in the faith
- Conversion growth
- To be outstanding in generosity
- Christ-like depth and quality of our community life
- Everybody gets involved
- To be naturally super-natural.
We at Grange Park Church affirm the following:
- God is Love, His love is for everyone, and nothing we can do will make Him love us more of less.
- The Bible is crucial to our understanding about God, ourselves and the world.
- God made everything including us, keeps everything going, and will complete everything.
- Jesus Christ shows us God perfectly and bring us to God.
- From God's perspective we human beings have great value, but have turned our backs on Him. The Bible calls this sin.
- We can't return to God on our own. Jesus brings us back through His death and resurrection, if we trust Him personally.
- When we become Christins we join a world-wide community.
- God's goal for each of us together in this community, is to increaingly become like Jesus.
- If we follow Jesus, our destiny is to be with God forever.
In a work that is full of problems we genuinely believe that Jesus cares for us and can change things. We have experienced that through Jesus Christ, no matter what our past, God offers us the chance to start again.
Trusting in Jesus, we can know forgiveness, freedom and hope for the future. He is able to change lives and mend broken relationships. Young or old, married or single, 'religious' or not, Jesus offers us acceptance, fulfilment and purpose. We are ordinary people, but we believe in an amazing God and our aim is to show His love to the communty in a relevant way.